October 10, 2011

Hello to Buyer's Remorse

Many moons ago, i talked about the PS3 being money well-spent.  It's taken me almost a year, but i realize now that it is in actuality a "poison pill."

My problem is that the damned machine does its job too well.  It truly does everything, which translates into a huge time-suck away from active productive pursuits (e.g. blogging) into passive consumption of entertainment (e.g. Netlifx, BD, and games).  I blamed my mental constipation (read: lack of interest in blogging) solely on the "great weight" that was my fellowship application, completely ignoring the fact that my creative juices had almost completely dried up from playing God of War, watching back episodes of No Reservations, and enjoying masterpieces like The Human Centipede (First Sequence).  It's not the machine's fault, of course; the predicament is my own doing.

Bah, never again.  Now that i've identified the problem, i can direct my attention to it (or, in this particular circumstance, AWAY from it).

Enema administered, let the diarrhea begin.

Silently it waits, with the single red light staring at me like the unblinking Eye of Sauron.

2 comments:

  1. That's why I intentionally never bought Starcraft II. There are a lot more (re)productive things to do.

    ReplyDelete