February 3, 2017

29:44

This past weekend, i finished the 8th annual St. Joseph's 5K Fun Run/Walk for Wellness with a time of 29:44.


My goal was to reclaim my old "glory" and finish a 5K in less than 30 minutes.  I have my doubts about the course's distance, since my GPS watch informed me that I only ran 3 miles, but i'll just take them at their word.  Part of the problem is that there wasn't a clearly-demarcated starting line (that i could appreciate, at least), so i only turned on my watch when i arbitrarily deemed that i had "started" running.  Perhaps i merely waddled through the first 0.1 miles of the race looking for the starting line?  Meh.  These are the problems one runs into when the race doesn't use chip time.  

At any rate, my watch says i did 3 miles in about 28:27.  So even if i had continued to run another 0.1 at a 10-minute-per-mile pace, i would've come in at 29:27.  Mission accomplished!

Moving forward - i was able to do a "recovery" run the day after the race with minimal soreness.  Meaning, i think my overall level of fitness is continuing to improve.  I "should" be ready to run a 10k (and perhaps a "full" half in the next few months).

Onward!

At least i have pictures where i don't quite look like i'm walking anymore.

Dramatic finish!


No comments:

Post a Comment